Terms of Service – Sell By Mail
Sell By Mail pays out 50% in trade (store credit) or 25% in cash (in the form of a check or PayPal payout) of what Buffalo Exchange will sell the item for (e.g., if an item is priced to sell at $10 through the Sell By Mail program, the customer will receive $2.50 by check or PayPal or $5 in a Store Trade Card). Customer may only request one bag at a time per household.
By submitting any items to Buffalo Exchange’s Sell By Mail program, Customer agrees as follows:
- Agrees to the prices set by Buffalo Exchange’s Sell By Mail program for all items (clothing, accessories, jewelry).
- Acknowledges that Customer will not be aware of the prices set by Buffalo Exchange and will not be able to cancel the sale of the items through this Sell By Mail program.
- Acknowledges that Customer is the rightful owner of the items sent to the Sell By Mail program. If Customer is not the owner, Customer has been authorized by the owner of the items to sell said items, and will indemnify and hold Buffalo Exchange harmless from and against any claim arising from the sale of said items.
- Has selected to either donate or return Customer’s unpurchased items and acknowledges and understands the following:
- By selecting DONATE: The unpurchased items sent to Buffalo Exchange’s Sell By Mail program will be donated to charity.
- By selecting RETURN: The unpurchased items sent to Buffalo Exchange’s Sell By Mail program will be held for up to 30 days immediately after they are processed. The Customer will be notified within 5 business days after the items have been processed with instructions on how to receive their unpurchased items back. If the Customer does not complete the return process and submit back to Buffalo Exchange within 30 days of notice, then Customer understands and agrees that the items will be donated to charity. Customer acknowledges and agrees to pay $14.99 in shipping and handling for the return of any unpurchased items.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange does not provide tax receipts of any kind.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange does not ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for items damaged in transit due to the Customer or carrier not properly packing and securing the Sell By Mail bag or by damage caused by the mail carrier.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for items lost by UPS. Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for items dropped off at a non-U.S.shipping facility.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for items shipped in anything other than the pre-paid Sell By Mail shipping bag via UPS. The Customer shall be responsible for any shipping charges incurred if items are shipped by any means other than the pre-paid Sell By Mail shipping bag through UPS, unless otherwise granted permission in writing by Buffalo Exchange.
- Acknowledges the Buffalo Exchange Sell By Mail program does not currently ship outside the continental United States, and does not ship to Hawaii or Alaska. Customer shall be responsible for any shipping charges incurred if items are shipped to or from outside of the service area.
- Acknowledges that Customer is at least 18 years of age or older.
- Has provided her or his legal name and valid information on the Sell By Mail Bag Request form or In-store Sell By Mail customer information card. Acknowledges that she or he cannot use the same phone number or email address for multiple bag requests under different names.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange may ask for proof of identification such as, but not limited to, a copy of Customer’s driver’s license, military ID or Passport, and may be asked for such proof before her or his Sell By Mail bag will be processed.
- Acknowledges that any Sell By Mail bag returned to Buffalo Exchange that does not have sufficient identifying information and is not claimed within 60 days of being received by Buffalo Exchange will be donated to charity.
- Please note, Buffalo Exchange will notify you by email once your Sell By Mail bag has arrived. Not receiving this email may indicate your bag was missing identifying information. If you think this may be the case, please contact SellByMail@bufex.com.
- Acknowledges she or he shall receive emails at the email address provided on her or his Sell By Mail bag request form. These emails will be sent from SellByMail@bufex.com and may, among other things, pertain to Customer’s information provided on the bag request form, the Sell By Mail process, encouraging the Customer to send in her or his Sell By Mail prepaid shipping bag and Sell by Mail or Buffalo Exchange promotions. Buffalo Exchange will never share its email lists.
- Customers can sign up for text message alerts when requesting a bag, meaning they will receive update alerts as the bag moves through the Sell by Mail process. Frequency varies based on customer behavior. Standard text messages and data rates from customer’s carrier may apply. The carriers participating include, but are not limited to: AT&T, Sprint, Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Buffalo Exchange does not charge a fee for this service and it is not required in order to request a bag. To opt out at any time, customers can text the word STOP to 1-520-214-3357 or 1-520-214-3356. Customer acknowledges that, if they reply STOP, they will not receive text messages until they text START to +1 520-214-3357 or +1-520-214-3356. Neither Buffalo Exchange nor carriers are liable for delayed or undelivered messages to the customer. Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to the above terms and conditions.
- Acknowledges that by requesting a bag, she or he is also automatically subscribed to the All Things Buffalo Exchange email list and will receive promotional emails.
- Acknowledges that customers can unsubscribe from promotional emails at any time by either clicking unsubscribe in any promotional email or emailing SellByMail@bufex.com requesting removal from promotional email list.
- Acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for missed communications or notices due to electronic delivery failure or Customer’s junk or spam filtering, or otherwise arising as a result of incorrect information provided by Customer.
- Acknowledges Buffalo Exchange may not receive bag requests when emoji(s) are included on the form. Form must be completed without use of emoji to ensure proper electronic transmission.
- Agrees that Customer’s payout (if applicable) will be in the form of an electronically delivered Buffalo Exchange Store Trade Card, PayPal payment or check issued in the name set forth in the Sell By Mail Request form.
- Acknowledges if Customer elects payment by check, the check will be issued to the name on Customer’s corresponding bag request form and mailed via U.S. postal service, regular mail (USPS).
- Acknowledges if Customer elects Store Trade Card, the trade card will be electronically delivered to the email address listed on the corresponding bag request form.
- Acknowledges if Customer does not elect check, Paypal payout or in-store credit (if available) within 60 days of the sent date of the initial “payout totals” email, a check will automatically be issued in the cash amount (25% of Buffalo Exchange’s sale price) and mailed to the address listed on the Customer’s corresponding request form, at which point the transaction shall be deemed complete.
- Acknowledges that if Customer elects to receive their payout in the form of a PayPal payment, she or he agrees that:
- Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for privacy or technical issues caused on the part of PayPal.
- PayPal payments will be sent within 3-5 business days of receiving Customer’s payout election and Paypal contact email. Once the payment is processed, Customer will receive an e-mail notification to her or his Paypal email from PayPal to log in and claim the payment.
- Once Customer has claimed payment, she or he can transfer the money to her or his own bank account (bank transfers usually take 2—3 days to clear) or spend it online anywhere PayPal is accepted.
- Buffalo Exchange will pay the transaction fee for the Customer’s Sell By Mail PayPal payment.
- If the PayPal payment is not claimed within 30 days, a check will be issued for the Customer’s payout (25% of the total Buffalo Exchange’s retail amount), and mailed to the address provided on the original Bag Request form.
- Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for delays or loss of payment resulting from inaccurate information provided by Customer.
- Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for payments claimed by a third party.
- Buffalo Exchange is not responsible for delay in payment due to technical issues on the part of PayPal.
- Once payment is transferred to the e-mail address provided, the transaction shall be deemed complete.
Reserved Right to Refuse Service:
- Customer acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to limit, suspend or refuse service to any person found to have misused the Sell By Mail program or to have violated these Buffalo Exchange Sell By Mail Terms of Service or for any other reason.
Amendment of Terms:
- Customer acknowledges that Buffalo Exchange reserves the right to unilaterally revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time without notice to Customer. It shall solely be Customer’s obligation to periodically review these Terms of Service for any revision and updates.