Five tips to conserve water! Keep these tips in mind throughout your day and you can make a difference in water conservation for ourselves and wildlife.
- Turn the tap off. When you’re brushing your teeth or washing your dishes make sure to only run water when rinsing.
- Say no to bottled water. Opt for a reusable water bottle instead of a one-time use plastic bottle. The removal of water to create bottled water and the production that goes into making the plastic bottle is harmful to communities and wildlife.
- Load up on laundry. When you do large loads of laundry less water is used per a garment. This also works with dishwashers!
- Sweep it up. Invest in a broom to sweep your patios and sidewalks instead of hosing them down.
- Opt for native plants. Dress up your landscape in climate perfect plants. Look for regional plants that flourish on the natural rainfall only.
Sources: 1. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/youth/stuff_you_can_do, 2. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/programs/population_and_sustainability/sustainability/live_more_sustainably.html, 3, 4 & 5. http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/habitats/riverslakes/help/index.htm