By Bailey Ellis-Wiard and Melanie Moseley
What’s your New Year’s resolution?
They’re easy to make, but hard to keep; it’s the time of year to make up your list of New Year’s resolutions. Here at the Downtown Portland Buffalo Exchange, we asked customers and staff what they wanted to accomplish in life and their wardrobe during 2013. Here’s what a few folks had to say!
Olivia Mick, Portland Customer
- New Year’s Resolution: “Start swimming for 30 minutes to an hour, three times a week.”
- Fashion Resolution: “Focus on basics, outfits I can mix and match to no end!”
Solanah Cornell, Customer and Blogger of vixen-vintage.com
- New Year’s Resolution: “More fitness! And less cheese…”
- Fashion Resolution: “Make, do and mend.”
Daniel Jacob Combs, Cashier
- New Year’s Resolution: “To cook everything in my new cookbook, start to finish.”
- Fashion Resolution: “To branch out in color and fabric texture!”
Melanie Moseley, Buyer
- New Year’s Resolution: “To quit smoking and stay quit! Also, to set aside more time for personal creativity.”
- Fashion Resolution: “Toning down my girlie aesthetic by introducing more menswear-inspired pieces.”
Bailey Ellis-Wiard, Buyer
- New Year’s Resolution: “Eat more veggies and make more time for writing, one of my favorite hobbies!”
- Fashion Resolution: “My fashion resolution is to play dress-up in my own closet. I’m always surprised what I can put together when I get off autopilot and get creative.”
Penelope Bass, Associate Manager
- New Year’s Resolution: “This year I want to finally achieve some level of fluency in my French. I just started reading Harry Potter et la Chambre des Secrets! And then I want to travel more!”
- Fashion Resolution: “Simplify! I want to have a French woman’s closet, with 12 amazing pieces that I can mix and match.”
Now that we’ve shared them with you, I guess we have to keep them! Happy New Year to all of our awesome customers. Be safe, have fun, and good luck with your resolutions!