You have to leave for work in 10 minutes and you can’t find anything to wear because everything cute is buried under a mountain of clothing. Sound familiar? If so, kick off 2017 with a new and improved winter wardrobe. Put on some groovy music and comfy clothes, then start cleaning out your closet! We make it easy with these 7 tips.
1. A Rule of Thumb: If you can’t think of at least three outfits to wear an item with, it’s time to move it out of the closet! Ain’t nobody got time for that!
2. Tried and True: Do you own essential sweaters and jackets that have stood the test of time? Keep them! Organize your closet so that the winter items you reach for time and time again are easily accessible.
3. Summer Storage: Store the summer pieces you’re not wearing right now so that they’re not in your way every morning. This will allow your favorite winter pieces to shine.
4. Ask yourself: Does this accurately represent my style? Do I feel confident in it? Does it still fit? Have I worn it in the last 6 months? If the answer is no to all of the above, it’s time to move it along
5. Sell! Sell! Sell: You know those pieces that are cute in theory but that you just never wear? Sell them to Buffalo Exchange to get some quick in-store trade that’ll help you spice up your winter wardrobe
6. Make it a party: Get all your best pals together and have a swap party! Gather all your unwanted clothes together and ask your friends to do the same. As the classic saying goes, “One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure!”
7. Have fun with it: Cleaning out your closet doesn’t have to be a drag. Instead of viewing it as a chore, make it fun! While cleaning, you can catch up on your favorite TV shows, listen to some fresh tunes or even enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate. Need a second opinion? Team up with your BFF so you can both benefit!
Now that you’re equipped with these 7 tips, it’s time to make good on your New Year’s resolution for more style, less giant-mountain-of-clothes-in-your-closet. Liberating yourself from too much stuff can be both fun and rewarding! If you’re interested in reselling your cleanout, find out How to Sell, plus our 6 top tips for selling your clothes.