- 18 Round Crackers (Ritz are best)
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Shortening
- ¾ Teaspoon Peppermint Extract*
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or wax paper. Clear out a spot in your refrigerator or freezer to accommodate baking sheet.
- In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening (the shortening helps the chocolate stay smooth for dipping). Heat for 1 minute on high power to melt and then stir and heat in 10 to 15 second bursts until chocolate can be stirred very smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract* and stir. If you prefer it mintier, add another 1/4 teaspoon.
- Add 1 cracker to the chocolate, coat it, and remove it by lightly scooping it up from underneath with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to drain off. Place cracker on parchment and repeat with all remaining crackers. After all crackers have been dipped, place baking sheet in refrigerator or freezer. Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.