Last weekend, we spent the day celebrating Pride in beautiful NYC! We’ve unofficially been crashing Pride since 2011, but this year we’re thrilled to officially have been a part of this epic event. We love supporting the community and had so much fun with all the amazing pride-goers. Take a peek at some of favorite PrideFest moments.
Buffalo Exchange SF has been celebrating Pride in the Bay Area since 2004! We’ve loved every second of celebrating Pride with the San Fran community. Every year we team up with the awesome Sonic Reducer Stage and pass out TONS of Buffalo goodies to all the pride-goers. Check out our favorite moments from Pride 2016!
With your help, we raised over $47,440 for the Center for Biological Diversity at our Earth Day $1 Day Sale. On April 23, shoppers gathered bright and early for our annual sale. Tons of men’s and women’s clothing was priced for just $1 and all the proceeds from $1 items were donated directly to the Center for Biological Diversity in support of their efforts to protect the environment. Take a look at some of our customers’ excellent finds.
Five tips to conserve water! Keep these tips in mind throughout your day and you can make a difference in water conservation for ourselves and wildlife.
- Turn the tap off. When you’re brushing your teeth or washing your dishes make sure to only run water when rinsing.
- Say no to bottled water. Opt for a reusable water bottle instead of a one-time use plastic bottle. The removal of water to create bottled water and the production that goes into making the plastic bottle is harmful to communities and wildlife.
- Load up on laundry. When you do large loads of laundry less water is used per a garment. This also works with dishwashers!
- Sweep it up. Invest in a broom to sweep your patios and sidewalks instead of hosing them down.
- Opt for native plants. Dress up your landscape in climate perfect plants. Look for regional plants that flourish on the natural rainfall only.
Sources: 1. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/youth/stuff_you_can_do, 2. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/programs/population_and_sustainability/sustainability/live_more_sustainably.html, 3, 4 & 5. http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/habitats/riverslakes/help/index.htm
DFW Style Daily featured Buffalo Exchange in “Got Furs? Donate Now to the 10th Annual Buffalo Exchange Coats For Cubs Fur Drive” on February 2, 2016: “…Divesting of old winter wearables before warmer weather arrives? The Buffalo Exchange Coats For Cubs fur drive could be just the ticket. … A project of Buffalo Exchange … In keeping with the popular resale chain’s commitment to environmentally friendly practices, this annual effort provides wildlife rehabilitation centers with used furs to be repurposed as comforting natural bedding for injured and orphaned animals. … Sounds like a fine finale for old furs, indeed. …”
Not near a Buffalo Exchange? Try Sell By Mail! Buffalo Exchange now offers customers who don’t live near a store the opportunity to sell clothing by mail.
How does it work?
1. Request your bag here.
2. Once you receive your bag, fill it up with your closet cleanout.
3. Drop off your filled and sealed bag at your local UPS store. They’ll send it to us at no cost to you!
4. We’ll send you an email when we receive your bag and then again when we’re done processing it. If we’re able to buy any of your items, you’ll have the choice between 25% of our selling price in a check or PayPal payout or 50% of our selling price in an In-Store Trade Card.
5. Request another bag!
Every six months we support local charities through our Tokens for Bags® program. Shoppers are encouraged to accept a token instead of a bag for purchases and we donate five cents (the cost of the bag) to a charity of the customer’s choice. Since 1994, we have raised over $627,800 for thousands of local nonprofit organizations through our Tokens for Bags® program, saving 12.5 million bags from polluting the environment.
Find your local Buffalo Exchange below and check out the charities you can give back to.
By Odette Lucero, Buffalo Exchange HQ
Over the course of six months we have been supporting local charities through our Tokens for Bags® program. We encourage shoppers to accept a token instead of a bag for purchases and we donate five cents (the cost of the bag) to a charity of the customer’s choice. Since 1994, we have raised nearly $629,300 for thousands of local nonprofit organizations through our Tokens for Bags® program, saving 12.5 million bags from polluting the environment.
This month we’re spotlighting some of the charities you can support through the end of December.
Investopedia mentioned Buffalo Exchange’s Coats For Cubs Drive in “How to Get The Most Money for Your Fur Coat” on September 24, 2015: “…If you’re in a position to be generous (or fancy giving back to nature), the annual fur drive Coats for Cubs encourages donation of fur items to assist the rehabilitation of injured and orphaned animals across the U.S. The initiative is run by the used-clothing retailer Buffalo Exchange. …you can simply drop off unwanted furs at any of its stores. Donated furs are sent to wildlife rehabilitation centers where they’re used as bedding, providing a more natural, nurturing environment for recovering creatures. …”
Ecosalon featured Buffalo Exchange in “Donate, Toss, or Repurpose Leather and Fur: The Herbivore’s Dilemma” on August 29, 2015: “…And last but not least, know that your furs can actually benefit other animals in need. Coats for Cubs, hosted by Buffalo Exchange, holds an annual fur drive encouraging the donation of old furs to help rehabilitate orphaned and injured animals that need a warm reminder of what it’s like to snuggle in comfort. …”