As the holiday season is kicked off with thanksgiving we find ourselves in a blunder of tradition and minor guidelines to follow. Before you head over to your loved ones house, let’s go over some quick do’s and don’ts that may be of assistance to you.
Don’t show up with your lightly spotted and holey football tee
- Start off the day with a nice sweater or button up. Secretly you can have your team tee on, then as the night progresses and the drinks are abundant, it’s time to strip down!
Do show up with some sort of delight for the host
- That can be a classic bottle of wine, some more deserts for the table or a thoughtful card thanking them for the invite.
Don’t defrost your turkey the same day
- Depending on the birds weight it can take between 2-5 days to thaw in your fridge. Plan on aprox 4lbs defrosted every 24 hours.
Do ask for your secret family recipe
- Mom always made it best right? Well give her a call for the holiday and ask her what that secret ingredient was. No better time to catch up with mom and get a few family secrets.
Don’t wear high waisted anything.
- Anyone who sits down for extended periods of time on a daily basis will tell you that high rise is not the way to go. It’ll cut into your gut and leave you with a very uncomfortable situation.
Do break out the Jeggings
- That’s right Jeggings. 80% spandex and ultra-comfortable for most leg movements. I don’t mean the pajama jeans, I mean jeans with a little give in them.
Lastly, Don’t forget there’s pie!
- Feast and enjoy but save 20% of your appetite for the tastiest pie of all seasons! Pumpkin, Pecan and whatever else your tradition includes.
Do enjoy your holiday!
- Take this day to relax, spend time with friends and family. Enjoy yourself and keep stress minimal. Be thankful for the people in your life as they are just as thankful for you.
Happy Thanksgiving Buffalos! Cheers to the holiday season!
Image via Calgary