SPRING FASHION FOR MEN & WOMEN!
We’re now buying spring fashion! We need your tees, tanks, shirts, shorts, denim, skirts, dresses, shoes, and accessories (hats, bags, belts). Don’t forget we also buy fantastic vintage and unique items. Clean out your closet and bring it in for cash or trade on the spot at your local Buffalo Exchange. Also checkout our wanted bulletins.
[Posted Feb 19, 2015]
Baby squirrels sleeping in donated Coats for Cubs furs.
GIVE YOUR FURS BACK TO THE ANIMALS
Jan 2, 2015 to Apr 22, 2015
Provide comfort and bedding for orphaned and injured wildlife now through Earth Day, April 22, 2015. Donate your real fur apparel including coats and accessories, to our Coats for Cubs program at any Buffalo Exchange location. These donations are sent to rehabilitation organizations across the United States, and provide a natural and nurturing environment for the recovering animals. Since 2006, Buffalo Exchange has collected nearly 10,000 used furs through the Coats for Cubs program.
SHOP THE EARTH DAY $1 DAY SALE & GIVE EVERY ANIMAL A CHANCE!
Apr 18, 2015
On Saturday, April 18, we will host our annual Earth Day $1 Sale. A large selection of clothing, jewelry, and accessories will be offered for one dollar. All proceeds from the purchase of $1 items will be donated to The Fund for Animals, an affiliate of The Humane Society of the United States.
The Fund for Animals operates the nation’s largest and most diverse network of animal care centers. It provides hands-on care and safe haven for more than 3,000 animals representing 150 species each year, including those rescued from cruelty and neglect, victims of the exotic pet trade, injured and orphaned wildlife, refugees from research labs and more, and works to prevent cruelty through advocacy and education. Annual Earth Day benefits at Buffalo Exchange locations have raised over $464,000 for environmental causes since 1997.
For more information, visit www.FundForAnimals.org/BuffaloExchange.
The Earth Day $1 Sale is cash or checks only for $1 Sale items. Buffalo Outlet locations (San Antonio & Nogales) are not participating in the $1 Sale.
New Orleans - PT
Love fashion? Why not apply today! Your local Buffalo Exchange is always accepting applications for entry-level Buyer positions. Looking for cheerful, dependable, and energetic quick learners with knowledge of fabrics, styles, current retail trends and eras. Challenging, fun, fast-paced retail environment. As an employee, you'll receive on-the-job training in recycling fashion. No prior experience necessary. Part-time employees must be able to work 3 days a week, including at least one weekend day. This is not your regular retail job!
Join Buffalo Exchange, a values-based, growing organization practicing open-book management and business literacy training. A love of fashion and clothing is essential. Compensation is competitive and based on experience and credentials. Benefits include: health, dental, and vision insurance for employees working 20 hours or more per week; paid time off for part-time and full-time employees; profit-based bonuses; merchandise discount; a 401(k) retirement plan; career advancement; and extensive training.
"HOT FALL TRENDS" BY EXAMINER.COM
Examiner.com featured Buffalo Exchange in “Runway to Reality - Fall 2014” on October 4, 2014: “… To create a runway to reality look of three hot fall trends I worked with Buffalo Exchange, a trendy New Orleans resale store on Magazine Street. … Key things to remember when putting together looks-for-less: 1. Use the runway look as inspiration. You don’t want to match it exactly. Be a trendsetter and create your own! 2. Determine your budget and stick with it. Sure, it may take a little more legwork, but that can be half the fun! 3. Choose wisely and maintain your standard of quality. You want your style to read high-end not basement bin!”
"BUDGET-FRIENDLY ESSENTIALS" BY CUE MAGAZINE
- Best Consignment Shop Runner-up, Gambit Weekly, Best of New Orleans 2014
- “Best places for inexpensive summer gear especially for a last minute stock up before jazz fest or in general. …” By Where Did U Get That in “City Guide: Where To Shop In New Orleans!” on July 3, 2014
- Best Consignment Shop Runner-up, Gambit Weekly, Readers' Poll, 2013 Best of New Orleans: Goods and Services
- Best Vintage Clothing, Where Y’At, Best of the Big Easy, Readers’ Picks, New Orleans, 2011
- Best Shopping, Annual A+ Awards 2011, Tulane’s The Hullabaloo: “A satisfying sample of New Orleans fashion can be found among the racks of the city’s best used-clothing store, Buffalo Exchange... [it] maintains its local atmosphere with a staff of charismatic sales assistants and wacky accessories one could only find in New Orleans. The best part about Buffalo is the exchange part... Always a new experience, shopping at Buffalo can award scrutinizing eyes with exquisite fashion finds.”
- Best Store for Vintage Clothing Runner-Up and Best Consignment Shop Runner-Up, Gambit Weekly, Readers' Poll, 2011 Best of New Orleans