OUTFIT TODAY COSTUME TOMORROW
Sep 1, 2014 to Oct 31, 2014
Find fantastic costumes and unique ideas at your local Buffalo Exchange! Don’t forget to sell us back your Halloween costumes and accessories for cash or trade on the spot.
Find your local Buffalo Exchange on
our locations page.
Sep 19, 2014 to Oct 31, 2014
We’re giving away a $100 Buffalo Exchange gift card for the best Buffalo Exchange Halloween find! Enter by posting a photo of your item to our Facebook Wall or tag #BXHalloween on Instagram. For more contest details visit our Official Rules page.
Philadelphia - FT/PT
Love fashion? Why not apply today! Your local Buffalo Exchange is always accepting applications for entry-level Buyer positions. Looking for cheerful, dependable & energetic quick learners with knowledge of fabrics, styles, current retail trends and eras. Challenging, fun, fast-paced retail environment. As an employee, you'll receive on-the-job training in recycling fashion. No prior experience necessary. Part-time employees must be able to work 3 days a week, including at least one weekend day. This is not your regular retail job!
"STYLE WONDERLAND" BY EXAMINER.COM
Examiner.com featured Buffalo Exchange in “Buffalo Exchange a Philly fashion hotspot” on August 20, 2014: “… a gem in Philadelphia by the name of Buffalo Exchange offers unique styles of clothing, great music, and a friendly staff - all without making your wallet want to cry. … The clothes itself oozes a combination of vintage-chic ... and cute-indie style. It’s fair to say that the outfits you find at Buffalo Exchange will help set you apart from the crowd. … My advice for shopping in Buffalo Exchange: Thoroughly search through the racks, because the best pieces often hide among the masses. …”
"DISCOUNTED TREASURES" BY THE TRIANGLE
The Triangle featured Buffalo Exchange in “Buffalo Exchange’s Earth Day Event Aims to Keep the World Blooming” on April 25, 2014: “I was greeted by friendly shouts. “One dollar! Everything outside! Dollar sale for charity!” … I knew I had arrived at the thrift store’s annual Earth Day fundraiser … Shoppers buzzed around several clothing racks and bins containing discounted treasures. … I stopped to talk to store manager Mike Shaffer … Shaffer mentioned that the Earth Day events are the largest charity events held by Buffalo Exchange each year. “The event began at 10 a.m., but the lines started forming much earlier!” he said, noting the popularity of the affair. … This year, Buffalo Exchange partnered with the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum to help raise awareness for pollination conservation. … Scoring a great sale while giving back to the community left all customers happy as they made their purchases. I am sure bargain shoppers everywhere are marking their calendars for the next annual Earth Day dollar sale; I know I will.”
"THRIFT HEAVEN" BY USA TODAY COLLEGE
USA TODAY College recommends Buffalo Exchange in “4 clothing stores that deliver deals and style” on March 7, 2014: “Buffalo Exchange is thrift heaven. … Their goal is to bring fashion and social good to the shopping experience. Upon a purchase, the store will also politely ask if you’d like to buy a re-usable Buffalo Exchange bag for a small fee — and the bags are cute, so it’s a win-win situation. … You may also be tempted to ask for the outfits on the mannequins, because they’re always decorated in the fiercest styles.”
- Listed in “Top Shopping In Philadelphia’s Center City Neighborhood," CW Philly, August 19, 2014
- “Not your run-of-the-mill thrift store, Buffalo Exchange is a well-known treasure trove of great deals and top-quality items. …” -- CBS Philly, “Top Shopping In Philadelphia’s Center City Neighborhood," August 12, 2014.
- Nominated for Best Thrift Store, The Daily Pennsylvania, The Best of Penn 2014
- "... they have a great selection of Halloween outfits come October. ..." -- 34th St. Magazine, April 2, 2014
- “For straight-from-the-mall secondhand finds, Buffalo Exchange... is your best bet.” -- Philadelphia’s Temple News, Mar 19, 2012
- Listed in Best Thrift & Vintage Shops in Philadelphia, Citysbest.com, as of Nov 30, 2011
- Listed in "HALLOWEEN: Our top costume-shop destinations," Philadelphia Citypaper, Oct 19, 2011
- “Buffalo Exchange is one of my favorite second hand stores for their merchandise (obviously)" -- Thriftadelphia blog, Apr 21, 2011
- Fave inexpensive clothing, Philadelphia Gay News, Pink Penny V, Mar 2011