Baby squirrels sleeping in donated Coats for Cubs furs.
GIVE YOUR FURS BACK TO THE ANIMALS
Jan 2, 2015 to Apr 22, 2015
Provide comfort and bedding for orphaned and injured wildlife now through Earth Day, April 22, 2015. Donate your real fur apparel including coats and accessories, to our Coats for Cubs program at any Buffalo Exchange location. These donations are sent to rehabilitation organizations across the United States, and provide a natural and nurturing environment for the recovering animals. Since 2006, Buffalo Exchange has collected nearly 10,000 used furs through the Coats for Cubs program.
"TRENDY FASHION HOT-SPOT" BY CBS PHILLY
CBS Philly recommended Buffalo Exchange in “Where To Buy Your Next Holiday Party Outfit In Philadelphia” on November 25, 2014: “… Buffalo Exchange is well-known in Philadelphia for its well-stocked shelves and fashion-forward approach. … Whether you need to shine in style for the company office party or are going for that dapper look for this year’s holiday photo, Buffalo Exchange can handle it. The best part of shopping at this trendy fashion hot-spot is the sticker shock (or lack thereof). Simply put, Buffalo Exchange won’t break the bank. …”
"STYLE WONDERLAND" BY EXAMINER.COM
Examiner.com featured Buffalo Exchange in “Buffalo Exchange a Philly fashion hotspot” on August 20, 2014: “… a gem in Philadelphia by the name of Buffalo Exchange offers unique styles of clothing, great music, and a friendly staff - all without making your wallet want to cry. … The clothes itself oozes a combination of vintage-chic ... and cute-indie style. It’s fair to say that the outfits you find at Buffalo Exchange will help set you apart from the crowd. … My advice for shopping in Buffalo Exchange: Thoroughly search through the racks, because the best pieces often hide among the masses. …”
"DISCOUNTED TREASURES" BY THE TRIANGLE
The Triangle featured Buffalo Exchange in “Buffalo Exchange’s Earth Day Event Aims to Keep the World Blooming” on April 25, 2014: “I was greeted by friendly shouts. “One dollar! Everything outside! Dollar sale for charity!” … I knew I had arrived at the thrift store’s annual Earth Day fundraiser … Shoppers buzzed around several clothing racks and bins containing discounted treasures. … I stopped to talk to store manager Mike Shaffer … Shaffer mentioned that the Earth Day events are the largest charity events held by Buffalo Exchange each year. “The event began at 10 a.m., but the lines started forming much earlier!” he said, noting the popularity of the affair. … This year, Buffalo Exchange partnered with the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum to help raise awareness for pollination conservation. … Scoring a great sale while giving back to the community left all customers happy as they made their purchases. I am sure bargain shoppers everywhere are marking their calendars for the next annual Earth Day dollar sale; I know I will.”
"THRIFT HEAVEN" BY USA TODAY COLLEGE
USA TODAY College recommends Buffalo Exchange in “4 clothing stores that deliver deals and style” on March 7, 2014: “Buffalo Exchange is thrift heaven. … Their goal is to bring fashion and social good to the shopping experience. Upon a purchase, the store will also politely ask if you’d like to buy a re-usable Buffalo Exchange bag for a small fee — and the bags are cute, so it’s a win-win situation. … You may also be tempted to ask for the outfits on the mannequins, because they’re always decorated in the fiercest styles.”
- Listed in “Top Shopping In Philadelphia’s Center City Neighborhood," CW Philly, August 19, 2014
- “Not your run-of-the-mill thrift store, Buffalo Exchange is a well-known treasure trove of great deals and top-quality items. …” -- CBS Philly, “Top Shopping In Philadelphia’s Center City Neighborhood," August 12, 2014.
- Nominated for Best Thrift Store, The Daily Pennsylvania, The Best of Penn 2014
- "... they have a great selection of Halloween outfits come October. ..." -- 34th St. Magazine, April 2, 2014
- “For straight-from-the-mall secondhand finds, Buffalo Exchange... is your best bet.” -- Philadelphia’s Temple News, Mar 19, 2012
- Listed in Best Thrift & Vintage Shops in Philadelphia, Citysbest.com, as of Nov 30, 2011
- Listed in "HALLOWEEN: Our top costume-shop destinations," Philadelphia Citypaper, Oct 19, 2011
- “Buffalo Exchange is one of my favorite second hand stores for their merchandise (obviously)" -- Thriftadelphia blog, Apr 21, 2011
- Fave inexpensive clothing, Philadelphia Gay News, Pink Penny V, Mar 2011