Baby squirrels sleeping in donated Coats for Cubs furs.
GIVE YOUR FURS BACK TO THE ANIMALS
Jan 2, 2015 to Apr 22, 2015
Provide comfort and bedding for orphaned and injured wildlife now through Earth Day, April 22, 2015. Donate your real fur apparel including coats and accessories, to our Coats for Cubs program at any Buffalo Exchange location. These donations are sent to rehabilitation organizations across the United States, and provide a natural and nurturing environment for the recovering animals. Since 2006, Buffalo Exchange has collected nearly 10,000 used furs through the Coats for Cubs program.
Albuquerque - FT/PT
Love fashion? Why not apply today! Your local Buffalo Exchange is always accepting applications for entry-level Buyer positions. Looking for cheerful, dependable, and energetic quick learners with knowledge of fabrics, styles, current retail trends and eras. Challenging, fun, fast-paced retail environment. As an employee, you'll receive on-the-job training in recycling fashion. No prior experience necessary. Part-time employees must be able to work 3 days a week, including at least one weekend day. This is not your regular retail job!
Join Buffalo Exchange, a values-based, growing organization practicing open-book management and business literacy training. A love of fashion and clothing is essential. Compensation is competitive and based on experience and credentials. Benefits include: health, dental, and vision insurance for employees working 20 hours or more per week; paid time off for part-time and full-time employees; profit-based bonuses; merchandise discount; a 401(k) retirement plan; career advancement; and extensive training.
"VINTAGE THREADS" BY ALIBI
Alibi recommends Buffalo Exchange in its feature section “The Hipster’s Creation Kit” for the August 14–20, 2014 Back To School issue (page 22): “… Not only is it a good way to keep your fashion just the right kind of retro … Plus, where else are you going to get a Captain Bucky O’Hare t-shirt and a crushed velvet dress for less than $20? …”
- Best Resale Clothing Store, The Local iQ, Readers' Poll, 2014 Smart List
- Best Bargain Duds, Albuquerque The Magazine, Best of the City, December 2013/January 2014
- Best Vintage Apparel, Best Thrift Store Third Place, The Alibi, Best of Burque 2013
- Best Vintage Apparel, Best Women’s Apparel Third Place and Best Thrift Store Third Place, The Alibi, Best of Burque 2012
- Best Retail Clothing Store and Best Vintage Clothing Shop (tie), Local IQ Smart List, Albuquerque, 2012
- Best Bargain Duds and Best Jeans Place Runner-Up, Albuquerque The Magazine, Best of the City, Dec 2011/Jan 2012
- Best Vintage Apparel & Best Thrift Store 3rd Place, The Alibi, Readers' Choice, Best of Burque 2011